Time for my “Happenings” again…. How is your summer going? Are you having lots of sewing/crafting time? I wish I could say I was 🙂 So if you are wondering why the posting is slow… well I am having lots of children time. 🙂 Which is good. I have been working on some things so don’t worry some more free patterns are coming soon. Autie is spending time at her parents ranch in Washington for half of the summer so she is off the grid. As for me, I can’t complain. We have been busy exploring parks, we went to the San Diego County Fair, visited family in Lake Arrowhead for the 4th, and have been using our Legoland passes. I am discovering (again!) that with an 18mo old, staying busy out of the house is the key to her happiness.
*There are some affiliate links in this post.
- Manage Your Day-To-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus & Sharpen Your Creative Mind by Jocelyn Glei – This book is a compilation of advice by prominent creative people. I am reading it very slowly when I have a free minute but so far I have learned a ton.
- Finished The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – Loved it.
- Started reading My Father’s Dragon to my older kids. So cute- they are loving it.
- Finished When Calls The Heart on netflix. It’s set in the old northwest and about a coal mining town. Even though it was super cheesy, I still loved it.
- Just finished a new casual summer dress for me… just need to digitize my pattern and get the post up.
- I am participating in a campaign for Famous Footwear and am making my kids some new shorts using patterns I have been meaning to make for a while.
- I have a dress and that maxi skirt I mentioned last time cut out and ready to sew…
- Last time I posted I said I was trying to get up earlier… that isn’t going so well :/
- I have been doing better at getting some resistance types of exercise in. I have an elliptical that I hop on almost every day but I know I need to do more than that. So that is my goal- to get weight bearing exercise in at least 3x a week.
Behind the Scenes:
- Working on my post for a Famous Footwear campaign- our first sponsored post for a while. It goes up at the end of the month.
- Click here to sign up for our email updates so you don’t miss our posts or our new free patterns.