Time for my “Happenings” again…. Are you in full summer mode yet? Next week is our last week of school. I don’t know if I am happy or scared. A little of both. I will enjoy the no-pressure mornings but I think I am going to go a bit crazy with all of the kids home all day every day. I am not a super-scheduled mom, either! I am more go-with-the-flow. We will probably spend lots of time at the pool and beach and maybe try to do one fun adventure a week. I made a summer fun list of things to do here in San Diego that don’t cost an arm and a leg. Will report here as we do them!
*There are some affiliate links in this post.
- This fabric – genius!
- This weekday email subscription (I sound so smart about current events now!)
- This app for iPads
- My new iron (cheap and perfect for sewing)
- Show Your Work by Austin Kleon – This book is the sequel to Steal Like An Artist. It’s about ways to get yourself out there as an artist. So far it is really great!
- Defy by Sara Larson – Love me a good fantasy and this one definitely has my attention.
- I started watching The Blacklist with my hubs on Netflix. I enjoy James Spader and the storyline. Some of the actors bug me but I am still enjoying it.
- I have found a cute Anthro maxi skirt that I am knocking off… Stay tuned for a free pattern!
- I am participating in the 30 Days of Sundresses Series at Melly Sews… Making dresses for both of my girls.
- I have been trying to go to bed at a reasonable hour so I can get up earlier and exercise. I am NOT a morning person so it is hard for me but it makes my life so much easier if I just get it out of the way.
- I just cut 3 inches off of my hair. It was SO needed!
Behind the Scenes:
- We are going to start doing some sponsored posts to help us continue all the hard work we do to bring you our best content. I know not everyone likes these posts but we will try to keep them as authentic as we can!
- We just sent out our second bi-weekly email update. Click here to sign up so you don’t miss our posts or our new free patterns.
- I am learning how to grade patterns…