Today I am starting a new post series where I will share what is going on with me in my world, both sewing related and not. My goal is that these posts will:
- Let you get to know me a bit better
- Give you sneak peaks on what I am working on
- Show you what I am liking, reading, watching, doing, making, etc.
- Share with you things you might like, find interesting, etc.
*There are some affiliate links in this post.
- Jessica started this amazing shop just for sewing lovers!
- This instagram quote.
- Sew Our Stash
- Diary of a Chainstitcher’s Indie Pattern Updates
- Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon – This book was recommended to me at SNAP Conference. It’s about creativity and how to unlock it.
- Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins – Some fun blogger friends and I are starting an online book club and this is the first book on the list.
- I started watching Call the Midwife last week on Netflix…I might have binged-watched a bit over the weekend…
- I bought some of this YUMMY knit fabric and have a Penelope Peplum dress cut out. Am switching the skirt up a bit… stay tuned!
- I have had this McCalls pattern sitting around for months. I finally cut out two- one of which I am using some knit fabric with, hope it works!
- I have organized my schedule into working hours/mom hours. I am feeling so much more productive and happy, trying not to live in one space while preoccupied with another. Here and here are some great posts on balance and time management that I have read lately.
Behind the Scenes:
- I shared it on Instagram, but if you missed it, my hubs bought me this Coverstich Machine for Mother’s Day! I haven’t used it yet but am hoping to use it this week.
- We are finally starting to send out bi-weekly email updates. Click here to sign up so you don’t miss our posts.